Firearms safety is the most important responsibility we have as gun owners and users. It is not only our duty to practice and adhere to the basic firearms safety rules, but it is also our obligation to teach those rules of safety to new shooters and children. We must remember the old adage b practice what you preach.b It is especially true when it comes to making a positive impression on young and novice shooters.
Be Safe, Be Responsible, and remember:
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms should be unloaded and secured when not in use.
- Do not rely on your gun's "safety."
- Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.
- Use the correct ammunition.
- If your gun fails to fire, handle with care!
- Always wear ear and eye protection when shooting.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of any obstructions.
- Do not alter or modify your firearm.
- Learn your gunb s mechanical and handling characteristics.