What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that may be stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are generally used to make websites work, to keep track of your movements within the website, and to remember your login details etc.
There are different types of cookies, and they can be distinguished on the basis of their origin, function and lifespan. Important characteristics of cookies include the following:
- First party cookies are cookies that are stored by the website you are visiting, while third party cookies are stored by a website other than the one you are visiting. Please note that we do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties. You may control such cookies, as set out below.
- Necessary cookies are necessary to allow the technical operation of a website (e.g., they enable you to move around on a website and to use its features).
- Performance cookies collect data on the performance of a website such as the number of visitors, the time spent on the website and error messages.
- Functionality cookies increase the usability of a website by remembering your choices (e.g. language, region, login, and so on).
- Session cookies are temporary cookies that are erased once you close your browser while persistent or permanent cookies stay on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration period specified in the persistent cookie file.
More information on all aspects of cookies can be found on www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note that Lipsey's has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
- improve the use and the functionality of our website;
- tailor our website and products to your needs and preferences;
- process your purchase orders; and
- analyse how our website is used and compile anonymous and aggregate statistics.
We do not use the collected information to create user profiles.
What Cookies Do We Use?
|Cookie Name||Where Stored||3rd Party (Y/N)||Purpose (If Not Third Party)|
|LipseysAuthToken||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the unique session Id provided by the server to identify the user|
|ItemsPerPage||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the users preference when looking at the catalog for how many items will show at a time|
|ItemFinderDefaultSortLipseys||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the users preference when looking at the catalog for what order the items should be displayed|
|ItemFinderDefaultSortPopular||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the users preference when looking at the catalog for what order the items should be displayed|
|ItemFinderDefaultSortNfa||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the users preference when looking at the catalog for what order the items should be displayed|
|ItemFinderDefaultSortFull||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the users preference when looking at the catalog for what order the items should be displayed|
|ItemDetailHideDealerInfoStoreDisplay||Lipseys.com||N||Stores the user defined fields for what to display when shwoing the screen to a consumer|
How Can You Control Cookies?
Most internet browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. Depending on your browser, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, or you can set it to refuse them. Please refer to the 'help' button (or similar) on your browser to learn more about how you can do this.
Disabling cookies may impact your experience on our websites.
If you use different devices to access our websites, you will need to ensure that each browser of each device is set to your cookie preference.
More information on how to manage cookies can be found on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/. Please note that Lipsey's has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, this third party website.
In addition, you may opt-out from cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company cookies you would like to opt-out from: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/#completed and http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Please note that Lipsey's has no affiliation with, and is not responsible for, these third party websites.